Saturday, August 17, 2024

 

Home Again Jiggity Jig

 Expecting nothing, They said she might have to spend another week.  Then, Peggy Texted me yesterday morning with these words,  "Start the Car".  inside joke.  In any case I was elated and that is an understatement.  It took all day Friday to get her out. We left the hospital about 1:30 got home at 3:15.  Took the whole afternoon. But she is unplugged from all the hoses and IVs. We did some additional modifications on the house to get her in and out.  Her spirits are good, but it's going to be a year. 

Sleeping again next to each other was a treat.  I'm no good without her and she's stronger than me.

She is learning to use the walker. PT will be coming in.   We need to keep her strength up.  AND WILL.

Already at home we had a near mishap.  She had a success in the can and gave the universal sign with two hands up.  Almost fell.  Scared us both.  But Kevin is here this morning making his special brew.

This gives me the chance to do a few errands.  Not quite ready for personal contact, we are playing it by ear.  But I'm thinking next week if you text her in advance that you would like to talk, she will be ready. It requires advance because if the PT folks are here or some other procedure is imminent, (we go into  the outpatient clinic in Chicago Northwestern Thursday).   

The human body is amazing and simply allowing it to heal without abuse is a gift from God.

So, from time to time here on out, if I have news I will post it.








Comments:
Gene,
So sorry to hear of Peggy’s accident. Becky was over for Sunday dinner and asked if I had heard anymore about Peggy’s accident. I looked at her and said, what accident? She then said Carol was supposed to notify family about it and then filled me in. She just now forwarded the information you sent her.
I contacted Carol on Monday and she said she contacted her family not realizing that you meant to contact us. She assumed you contacted the rest of us and then we would contact our families.
I am happy to hear she is home. It sounds like the surgery was successful.
I am grateful Kevin and Tim have been there for you. I am sure Steven has also been there for you. Your message to Becky made it sound like we were all supposed to mind our own business and leave you and Peggy alone.
After reading your blog I will be sending Peggy a card and wait for permission to contact her.
Please give her a big hug from me.
Love ,
Your sister Susan
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?